Saturday 6 November 2010

Grand Tournament Report @ Bandung



On the 30th October 2010, I attended a Grand Tournament in Bandung, Indonesia, celebrating the 1st Anniversary of Team Florsheim (a YGO team I was also a member of). There were around 34-36 people attending, I forgot the exact number. I attended with a Gemini Hero, or popularly known as Light-Dual in OCG format, which I will post the decklist at the end of this article.

Here is my tournament report:

R1: VS Vandy Putrandika, Team Florsheim’s Top 3 (Scraps)

G1: He went first by setting four cards to his backrow along with a Set monster. I opened my turn with an MST, which hit his Royal Decree, thankfully. I summoned Raioh which rammed into a Gravekeeper’s Spy. On the next turn, he used Scrapyard to tune into Scrap Dragon, but I Book of Moon’ed his Beast and killed it on the next turn. I kinda forgot the rest, but what I remembered is that I managed to break all of his 3 Decrees, 1 with MST, 2 with G-Sparks. In the end, I won with a field of Neos Alius (all Honest & G-Spark have been used up) backed with an Effect Veiler in my hand.

G2: I don’t remember much about this game, but his Decree kinda shut me down for a while. When I was able to take it out, it was too late to regain control of the game, Lose.

G3: It was a pretty long game. I was already aware that he Set his Decree on his first turn (after my turn, I went first), but I already had Solemn Judgment behind me. He gave up some of his monsters to Dimensional Prison, maybe he was holding back his Decree for the finishing move. I also happened to ram into a Spy, which is very irritating. I forgot the chronology of the events, since we both had wasted around 5 turns doing nothing since I couldn’t kill his Spy and he couldn’t do much either. In the end, I won with Raioh on the field with Oppression face-up. His Decree has been lost to Solemn Judgment. In my hand were two Veilers, so it was pretty much a flawless victory.


R2: VS Andry (Machina-Ancient Gear)

G1: I have been pushed hardly even since the opening, with Machina Fortresses, Gearframe (I didn’t get 1st turn Raioh) and other things. I was pushed to the point I had only around 800 LP while he was still at much. But I managed to Reborn one of his Ancient Gear Gadjiltron Dragon and began counter-attacking (I forgot how I got rid of the Fortress, but the point is it has been gone), but I lost to a Geartown-suiciding which summoned another Gadjiltron and kicked my Stratos for the game.

G2: OTK’ed. Smashing Ground --> Gearframe + 3 Fortress = GAME.


R3: VS Septiyan (Light-Dual)

G1: Here goes... the most boring mirror match in Yugioh, antimeta vs antimeta. During such mirror match between passive decks, not much can be done. Unfortunately, he brought Cyber Dragons and Barbaros-Drains to his Main Deck, causing me to have less beatdown power. Lost.

G2: It was a pretty long match, I forgot the game, Lost.


R4: VS I-forgot-the-name (Six Samurai)

G1: I went first and summoned a monster along with a few backrows. He opened with a Kamon. I instantly knew that he intended to Summon GMOSS, so I stopped him with a Solemn Warning. I don’t quite remember the rest, but I got a pretty good hand, Win.

G2: Doesn’t remember, Win.



The standings were then displayed. I was on the 16th rank of 34-36 people. To be honest, I was kinda disappointed, since I managed to top the last two tournaments with this deck. I didn’t get into the play-offs because in Indonesia, we have Top 8, not Top 16, lol.

However, my prize of DREV booster pack was actually very good! I got Fabled Raven from it, totally not a bad deal. I also received a GB Heraklinos for the side prize.

Well then, that’s from me. And for what I promised, this is my decklist.

M: 15

-----------

3 Thunderking Rai-Oh

3 E-Hero Neos Alius

2 Crusader of Endymion

2 Snowman Eater

2 Honest

1 E-Hero Stratos

1 Effect Veiler

1 BW Gale

S: 13

-----------

3 Gemini Spark

2 Book of Moon

2 Pot of Duality

1 Miracle Fusion

1 Smashing Ground

1 Dark Hole

1 Monster Reborn

1 Mystical Space Typhoon

1 Reinforcement of the Army

T: 11

-----------

2 Dimensional Prison

2 Bottomless Trap Hole

2 Hero Blast

2 Solemn Warning

1 Solemn Judgment

1 Royal Oppression

1 Mirror Force

Side Deck

-----------

1 Effect Veiler

1 D.D. Crow

2 Cyber Dragon

2 Banisher of Radiance

2 Greenkappa

2 Consecrated Light

2 Light-Imprisoning Mirror

2 Chain Disappearance

1 Nobleman of Crossout

Extra Deck

-----------

1 XX-Saber Gottoms

2 Scrap Dragon

2 Stardust Dragon

1 Colossal Fighter

1 Scrap Archfiend

1 Black Rose Dragon

1 BW Armor Master

1 Goyo Guardian

1 Brionac, Dragon of Ice Barrier

1 Ally of Justice Catastor

1 Chimeratech Fortress Dragon

1 E-Hero Absolute Zero

1 E-Hero Gaia


-Tri Edge-

2 comments: