Saturday 19 February 2011

Tournament Report @ Colossus 19 Feb 2011

Hello, readers!

Here is Tri-Edge. It's been a while since I wrote for this blog. This time, I got two things to share!

1. Indonesia's finally becoming an official region of Konami! If I remember correctly, it's not up yet in Konami's official site, but this post is guaranteed NOT a hoax.
2. Preparing and greeting for Indonesia's appointment as an official region, a friend of mine, who's just back from Japan for his study, held an OCG tournament on Sat, 19 Feb 2011. This is the tournament that I am going to report.

So!

Without further delay, let's get to the topic. This time around, I brought a Six Samurai deck for the tournament. Report:


R1: Vs Steven W.L. (Blackwings)
G1: I got a very bad hand, with only one samurai and none of the Spell/Trap supports. When I finally had the chance to summon two Samurais while having United, he Icarus Attack'ed me, and leaving my lone Kizan devoured by Bora-Kalut.

Later on, I could fight back with Shi En and stuff, but he summoned a Gale while already having an Armed Wing. A 1250 ATK Shi En with only one Book of Moon, I can't stop both monsters. My next draw was only a Kizan. If I kill f/d Armed Wing, Gale would kill him. But if I kill Gale, Armed Wing will kill him too. So, it's a loss for me.

G2: My hand went bad again. Fortunately, around my 2nd turn I got Consecrated Light, which stalled the duel for 2-3 exchanging turns. Finally I can collect my hand slowly and come Synchroing monsters. One funny moment is, when I put down my Shi En while Consecrated Light is on. I forgot about that guy's attribute. One audience told me that I couldn't summon Shi En, so I summoned Trishula instead :v

and won.

G3: My hand was bad, again. Seriously, his hand's shuffling is something else. Anyhow, I stalled the duel again with Consecrated Light. He's a lifesaver, when backed with Book of Moon and stuffs. I forgot the rest, but won with Synchros, later, later, LATER on late-games.


R2: VS Rafael Kenny (Gladiator Beasts)
G1: Forgot how it went, won.
G2: Spam Synchros, kthxbai :v (it is that simple)


R3: VS Adam (Machina)
G1: Got an average hand, but managed to summon Shi En first turn. It seems his hand wasn't that good, he didn't get either Gearframe or Fortress, so he killed my Shi En with a lot of minus, by summoning CyDra, Jinzo Returner, then sending them into Chimeratech Fortress, backed with Solidarity.

Then, since my hand was unavailable for Synchros, I was stalled by the wave of his big monsters. Fortunately, I got a lot of Dimensional Prisons and Mirror Forces, but his Gadgets slowly recovered his hand disadvantage (while I can't swarm at the moment). But in the end, I won by Synchroing monsters.

G2: He went first, summoned Gearframe and ended. I love it when he ended his turn without setting any backrows. I activate 1 Gateway, Kageki - Kagemusha --> Shi En, then swarmed the field into Shi En, GMOSS, and 3 Kizans. (I had one GMOSS in hand). Win.


R4: VS Randa (Watt-Burn)
Now, don't let the deck deceive you. Randa's been known as one of the best Burn players whose Burn decks can even rival a meta deck.

G1: Summoned Kagemusha - GMOSS, setting backrows and end because there's no good Lv7's. It was my downfall. Leaving the two on the field, Lava Golem ate them. Then I Warning'ed it, because in my previous Match with him in another tournament, I see that he can hold that f***ing Lava Golem long enough to make my LP go red.

Hmm, then I don't remember much about the rest, but the effects of Watt monsters are really disruptive. Later on, he pulled Gozen Match (IT'S MAIN DECKED!!!!) and I had to kill my Enishi (the old Enishi) and Hand to leave GMOSS on the field. Then I forgot how, but I can make a lot of Synchros during the next 2 turns, giving me a field of Scrap Dragon, Goyo Guardian, GMOSS (all EARTH). But a Battle Fader stopped the track. Then a Ceasefire went to kill me. Lose.

G2: Spam 5 monsters during first turn. Got stalled for 2 turns, but then I won.

G3: He set a monster and ended. I love when there's no backrows, but I got a bad feeling that he put none in his backrow. Nevertheless, I got a GOD hand. Two Gateways, Kageki - Kagemusha - then my possessions exploded into Shi En, GMOSS, 3 Kizans, and in my hand were Kageki, Kagemusha, Hand, and I still had two spare Bushido Counters. (Gateway really MUST BE LIMITED, for god's sake.)

But I ran into Wattdragonfly. He spawned more Dragonflies (I feel like facepalm.jpg when I ran into this monster), and the last Dragonfly into Wattlemur. The last attack went in for 2500 damage. Then his turn. Summoned Wattpheasant, attacked directly and removed my Shi En. I wondered for why. Ah, it turned out he removed him for a f***ing Swords of Revealing Light, a stall card that couldn't be negated by Magatama...

Then I was stalled until SORL expired. During those 3 turns, he summoned more Watts to attack, but I pulled a Mirror to stop his track. Finally, after the SORL wore off, I attacked into... Battle Fader (FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU). He couldn't do much on his next turn. But in my turn, I ran into another Fader (FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU). Finally, after those stalls, I won by attacking with the horde of samurais. Win.


Thus, I scored the 1st place.

My friend let me choose prizes, and I claimed the following:
- Solemn Judgment OCG gold
- Raiza the Storm Monarch TCG gold
- United We Stand OCG common
- COTH OCG common
- Fissure OCG common

That's it for now, and thanks for reading :D

Last words, Gateway is really appropriate for a limit, it has been clear from months ago.

Regards, Tri Edge.

No comments:

Post a Comment